navy lines background

Saturday, February 14, 2015

For Patrick, on Valentine's Day

I love you
And your eternal patience
With my backseat driving.

I love you
And how you come home everyday
Ready to play.

I love you
And the way you wave to us
Before you get in the car.

I love you
And your midnight laughter
Over cake.

I love you
And your silly dancy songs
With the babies.

I love you
And your clever coffee alarm
At 5am.

I love you
And your willing endurance
Of my favourite songs on repeat.

I love you
And the way you eat soup with me
All winter long.

I love you
And the way you run upstairs
To check on the kids at night.

I love you
And geeking out on history and dialogue together
After we leave the movies.

I love you
And I love you
And I love you.


xo.
(3631-3640)

No comments:

Post a Comment