navy lines background

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Too

[Official Video] Little Drummer Boy - Pentatonix: http://youtu.be/qJ_MGWio-vc

I love this song.

It's so simple, but it's about me, about us, and the way we're all poor and emptyhanded when we come to worship our Redeemer.

I used to listen to this on the radio, sitting in the backseat of our car while my parents drove through December rain.

I always thought that the too in "I am a poor boy too" was referring to previous description of the drummer boy ... these wise men brought me suddenly, I didn't know what to bring you, and on top of that I'm poor.

But of course the really astonishing beauty is that Jesus came as a poor boy.  The blessed Messiah, Emmanuel, really really came to be with us. Not just walk among us, but became one of us - too.

I AM, a poor boy too ...

The best gift that Christmas wasn't gold, frankincense, myrrh ... or even a song. It was the tiny poor boy - named Jesus. :)  

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment