navy lines background

Thursday, June 7, 2012

suffering/endurance

romans 5:3-5 - we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,  and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,  and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

i must have prayed for endurance ;)

it's been a long week.  our hot water heater quit on monday night, and we still don't have any hot water.  it's been a busy week of doing the dishes by the kettle-full, freezing cold showers, and long waits on the telephone, waiting for appointments.

that's not the tough part, though - the hard part has been dealing with the less-than-honest service techs while trying not to lose my temper.

okay, let me be honest.
trying not to lose my temper is always the hardest part.

i had to laugh tonight, though, when i looked back at my verses for the week.  i think God might have been trying to prepare me:

monday: whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might (eccl. 9:11)

tuesday: fret not yourself; it tends only to evil (psalm 37:8)

wednesday: trust in the Lord with all your heart (prov 3:5)

thursday (HA! i just might have picked this one out myself ;) ): vindicate me, o God, and defend my cause against an ungodly people, from the deceitful and unjust man deliver me!

i wonder what lies in store for me tomorrow?  goodnight, clean and warm friends.  luxuriate in your shower and enjoy it for me.

1 comment:

  1. Totally hilarious... God has a sense of humor to give you a verse like that on Thursday!! :D Glad you have hot water now!! :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete