navy lines background

Saturday, May 15, 2010

turbo jam

my sweet friend carol gave me her turbo jam dvds. i've been rocking out to them for the past ten days, and they are awesome. i have so much fun blasting out a quick workout in the morning (i started out doing them at night, then switched to the morning to try to reduce my caffeine addiction). i feel good about myself all day.

the music and dancing makes it feel like a party.

this morning, i did a quick workout then headed off to pick up patrick at work. i was driving down the road, and saw joggers and walkers out for their exercise. the first three i saw looked so miserable that i almost giggled. they definitely need some turbo jam fun.

i think the fun is why i keep doing it every day. yes, i'm starting to see results, and it's moving me toward my goal, but the truth is, it's really fun. i'm not good at consistently doing something difficult. i'm very externally motivated, and don't have a lot of oomph inside to get up and go. i've tried walking, watching what i eat, and going to the gym. if i don't get some daily, observable benefit, i tend to give up on things really easily. if you see me sticking to something, you know it's because i love it or really really really want it.

as far as turbo jam goes - i love it.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! All that matters is that you enjoy it - that's half the battle right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! I'm not a person who wakes up in the morning and can't wait to exercise. It takes something quick and fun for me to stick with it. I love the 20 minute workout...it's long enough for me to feel like I've worked out a little and short enough not to make me late for work. I'm glad it's working for you too!

    ReplyDelete